For Physicians and Healthcare Providers
Current blood liquid biopsy technology tests for circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA), or circulating tumor cells (CTC) shedding in the blood, as well as proteins, and/or DNA methylation or other modifications. Micronoma takes this technology a step further with a multi-omics approach. In addition to testing for proteins, we query a multitude of circulating tumor microbial DNA (ctmbDNA) to derive a more sensitive and specific identification of the presence of cancer in a given patient.
A simple and minimally invasive diagnostic option that physicians can use to determine if a lung biopsy is the best option for their patient
That is what Micronoma aims to deliver with its proprietary Oncobiota™ platform: using a simple blood draw and analyzing the circulating tumor microbial DNA (ctmbDNA) signals in conjunction with a few proteins, that indicate whether a lung nodule is cancerous or benign. With experts and key opinion leaders in the microbiome field, we have created the first and only technology using a plasma microbiome-driven liquid biopsy to enhance cancer detection at its earliest stages.
OncobiotaLUNGdetect is intended for patients with lung nodules identified by low-dose CT scan:
- 40 years old and above
- Nodule between 8 and 30 mm
- No previous diagnosis of cancer
Not intended to detect non-carcinomas, such as neuroendocrine tumors (e.g., carcinoid tumors)
OncobiotaLUNGdetect is not yet covered by Medicare or private insurance plans. It has received a CPT code (0395U) and is in the process of getting pricing approval.
See how Micronoma’s OncobiotaLUNGdetect platform
integrates with the current standard of care of lung cancer:
- For your patients who are exhibiting nodules on a LD CT scan, we provide a new solution, OncobiotaLUNGdetect, to assist you in establishing a benign or malignant risk category so that you only direct invasive follow-up methods (e.g. tissue biopsy) when you feel it is absolutely necessary.
- Oncobiota™ assay, run in our CLIA-certified and CAP accredited laboratories, is a sensitive and accurate test that is less invasive than a lung biopsy to help determine whether a patient does or does not have cancer
- We help you offer your patients the latest innovation by integrating microbiome-driven tests into your practice
Provider support and education: We provide ongoing education on our assay as well as the microbiome, and explanations of patient reports/results so we can help you effectively integrate microbiome-driven tests into your practice.
I have my own tubes for blood collection in my clinic, can I just use those and send you the patient samples?
No. Micronoma has done extensive testing with many different tube types, and the ones we have provided in the kit are the ones approved for our assay. In addition, the Micronoma OncobiotaLUNGdetect kit has everything you need to send your samples back safely and effectively, and at no cost to you.
How do I order a kit?
When can I expect results?
Once patient samples have been received by us, you can expect results within two weeks. If you have not heard from us within that time frame, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (858) 500-3734.
Find further FAQs here
Education and Resources
Micronoma, INC., CLIA #05D2253538